|Surgeons Hall Museums Nicolson Street, Edinburgh South EH8 9DW|
|Surgeons Hall Museums Website|
|Follow surgeonshall on Twitter|
|Facebook information can be found here|
The award winning Museums are open to the public, 7 days a week, 10am to 5pm and are home to one of the largest and most historic pathology collections in the United Kingdom.
Surgeons’ Hall Museums reopened in 2015 after a major £4.4 million Heritage Lottery Funded redevelopment project. As one of the oldest Museums in Scotland, the collections grew from 1699 after 'natural and artificial curiosities' were publically sought, with the Playfair Building opening in 1832 to house the Barclay and Bell collections. Whilst the Museums were initially established as a medical teaching resource, all are now welcome to visit.
All information (whether in text or photographs) is supplied in good faith but should not be relied upon as being a statement of representation or fact. We take every opportunity to ensure the details for Surgeons Hall Museums are accurate, please contact us at hello[@]whatsonnetwork.co.uk if any of the above information is incorrect.
Join Surgeons Hall Museums on their 5* weekend walking tour through Edinburgh’s old town and hear tales of old Edinburgh, disease, dissection and curious methods of treatment!