|5 Lothian Rd, Edinburgh Old Town EH1 2EP|
|The Parish Church of St Cuthbert Website|
Hidden in the trees to the western end of Princes Street Gardens is the solid and imposing bulk of St Cuthbert's Parish Church. The present church was built in 1892-94 when traces of at least six earlier church buildings were found.
The cupolas and older steeple peep out at you along Princes Street, or from the train into Waverley Station, yet the church feels removed from the bustle of the West End.
Inside, the basilica layout with its apse and rounded vault, is complemented by the use of coloured stone for a rich and warm effect.
Together, the design of the Communion Table (1894), the marble and alabaster Pulpit (1897) and the ceiling paintings (by Hope and Moira), give a Byzantine feel to the interior.
All information (whether in text or photographs) is supplied in good faith but should not be relied upon as being a statement of representation or fact. We take every opportunity to ensure the details for The Parish Church of St Cuthbert are accurate, please contact us at hello[@]whatsonnetwork.co.uk if any of the above information is incorrect.
Looking to reach new customers? We offer a variety of advertising options with prices starting from just £30 per month!