Join us for a day of activities and presentations to mark the 275th anniversary of the Battle of Prestonpans - Bonnie Prince Charlie's unexpected victory over Sir John Cope in 1745.
- Talk to soldiers, sailors and civilians from the battle, and find out about the clothes and weapons of the mid-18th century.
- Try your hand at loading a cannon by joining our junior crew!
- Meet the Prince and his rival Sir John Cope, to hear about their battle plans and tell them your own ideas for victory.
- See the battle in miniature with our impressive display of 5,000 paper soldiers, and help us to re-fight it on our wargame table!
- Enjoy children's craft activities, including a chance to add to a giant new artwork!
- Learn about the clans and regiments which fought at the battle, with our new exhibition panels.
FREE ENTRY! (donations welcome)
While we take every opportunity to ensure the details for 275th Anniversary - Family Activity Day are accurate, we always advise that you contact the event organiser before setting out for the event to avoid disapointment. All information (whether in text or photographs) is given in good faith but should not be relied upon as being a statement of representation or fact.
Join the Surgeons Hall Museums on their weekend walking tour through Edinburgh’s old town and hear tales of old Edinburgh, disease, dissection and curious methods of treatment.