|3a & 4a Haddington Place, Edinburgh New Town EH7 4AE|
|McNaughtans Bookshop and Gallery Website|
|Facebook information can be found here|
McNaughtan's Bookshop, established in 1957, is a second-hand and antiquarian bookshop in central Edinburgh, probably the longest established business of its kind in Scotland.
Founded by Major and Mrs McNaughtan on his retirement from the army, the shop continued to be run by Mrs McNaughtan after her husband's death in 1972 until she retired and sold it to her assistant, Elizabeth Strong, in 1979.
The McNaughtans achieved an enviable reputation for an interesting and varied stock at reasonable prices, built up through hard work, a thrifty lifestyle, and an extensive knowledge of books on many subjects.
Since acquiring the business more than 30 years ago Elizabeth Strong has striven to maintain this reputation, continuing to deal in a wide variety of areas including literature, children's and illustrated books, history, travel and topography, and Scottish books.
As a member of the Antiquarian Booksellers' Association and an affiliate of the International League of Antiquarian Booksellers, the business is subject to the most rigorous code of conduct in the book trade.
Looking to reach new customers? We offer a variety of advertising options with prices starting from just £30 per month!