|28 Lauriston Street, Edinburgh Old Town EH3 9DJ|
|Catholic Church Of The Sacred Heart Website|
|Follow ChurchHeart on Twitter|
|Facebook information can be found here|
We are located in Lauriston midway between the Grassmarket and Tollcross – on the edge of Edinburgh’s historic Old Town. The Church building dates from 1860. The Priests and Brothers of the Society of Jesus (Jesuits) have served here in the centre of Scotland’s capital city since the parish was started in 1859. We are part of the Archdiocese of St Andrews and Edinburgh.
As well as being responsible for the parish, the Jesuit Community does a variety of other work.
The Sacred Heart is a place of worship, prayer, reflection and quiet in the heart of the city. It is a historic building once the centre of a large Italian and Irish community based on the Grassmarket.
The attachment of these people to the church is manifest in the number of their descendants who remain loyal to this traditional home of their families.
The Church is open every day, and you are invited to spend a little time in the peace of the building to look around, reflect and pray.
Looking to reach new customers? We offer a variety of advertising options with prices starting from just £30 per month!