12th November 2018
19th November 2018
26th November 2018
|11am - 12pm|
Southside Community Centre
117 Nicolson Street, Edinburgh Old Town EH8 9ER
|£5 per session|
|Visit the event website here|
|Facebook information can be found here|
The Monday Hoop Sessions continues this autumn! Same place, in Edinburgh old town.
We'll be shaking it up with a hula hoop to exotic rhythms while getting in a great workout. Drop in based, £5 per session (cash).
The class is open for all levels and ages (but recommended from 12 years) but is especially suitable for complete beginners! Don’t worry if you have not hula hooped since you were a child – we always go through the very basic techniques of how to hoop.
We use hula-hoops (various sizes provided in class) which are big in diameter and therefore perfect for adults.
These handmade hula hoops can also be purchased for £20, collapsible and non collapsible, bring cash if you'd like to buy one to keep practicing at home!
BENEFITS OF HULA HOOPING:
- Strengthening the core, hips and back
- Improves coordination, balance and posture
- Develops muscle control
- Helps release tension in the back
-Low impact cardio, full-body workout
- The basics: learn how to keep the hoop spinning around the waist. Tips, techniques and practice!
- Practice moving the arms and legs while keeping the hoop spinning on our waist: walking, stepping, lunges etc.
- ‘Off body moves’ with the hoop in our hands, and other hoop moves. Working out arms and shoulders.
- Connecting different moves to make it all fluid and graceful!
Bring a bottle of water, training shoes (optional but recommended), and a positive attitude ('cause you can do it!! ;-)) and let's go!
message me if you have any questions!
Additional Dates: 19 November 2018, 26 November 2018
While we take every opportunity to ensure the details for Hula Hooping For Beginners - Drop In are accurate, we always advise that you contact the event organiser before setting out for the event to avoid disapointment.
Looking to reach new customers? We offer a variety of advertising options with prices starting from just £30 per month!